Remote Genome Assembly Workshop 2020
July 20, 2020, 9 a.m. - July 23, 2020, 5 p.m.
UC Davis Bioinformatics Core, firstname.lastname@example.org
Listed topics are preliminary and subject to change. For documentation from previous workshops, visit http://bioinformatics.ucdavis.edu/training/documentation/.
A preliminary agenda for the week includes:
- Technology overview and how they integrate together to produce better genomes
- Project design and sample considerations
- Estimating sequencing needs associated costs
- QA/QC of raw data
- Genome Assembly using IPA for Pacific Biosciences and CANU for Oxford Nanopore
- HiC data and scaffolding
- Genome statistics and evaluating assemblies
- Discussion on haplotyping genome