So you want to do a: Microbial Community Analysis Experiment
March 13, 2017, 1 p.m. - March 13, 2017, 3 p.m.
UC Davis Bioinformatics Core, firstname.lastname@example.org
UC Davis, Genome and Biomedical Sciences Facility Auditorium (GBSF Rm. 1005)
This FREE workshop is intended for those who are interested in and are in the planning stages of conducting an experiment to study microbial communities using amplicon based methods (16S, ITS, etc.). Topics to be discussed will include:
- Experimental Design
- The difference between Microbial Community Analysis and Metagenomics
- Sample preparation, best practices
- High throughput sequencing basics and choices
- Cost estimation
- Microbial Community Analysis
- Data cleanup and quality assurance
- Assigning reads to organisms and counting
- Analysis of the output
- Downstream analysis/visualizations and tables
The workshop will be held in the Genome Center's Auditorium (GBSF 1005).