So you want to do a: RNAseq experiment, Differential Gene Expression Analysis
Jan. 20, 2016, 1 p.m. - Jan. 20, 2016, 3 p.m.
UC Davis Bioinformatics Core, firstname.lastname@example.org
UC Davis, Genome and Biomedical Sciences Facility Auditorium (GBSF Rm. 1005)
The start of a series of new workshops discussing experimental approaches and concerns from sample to interpretation. The first in the series is RNAseq, specifically Differential Gene Expression Analysis. The workshop is intended for those who are interested in and are in the planning stages of a RNAseq experiment. Topics to be dicussed will include:
- Experimental Design of RNAseq experiment
- Sample preperation, best practices
- High throughput sequencing basics and choices
- Cost estimation
- Differential Gene Expression Analysis
- Data cleanup and quality assurance
- Mapping your data
- Assigning reads to genes and counting
- Analysis of differentially expressed genes
- Downstream analysis/visualizations and tables
The workshop will be held in the Genome Center's Auditorium (GBSF 1005). The workshop will have a brief break after the first hour and members of the Cores will be available after the workshop until 5pm to answer any question you may have.