A Primer on Using the Bioinformatics Core Administrated Servers and Cluster(s)
Nov. 2, 2016, 3 p.m. - Nov. 2, 2016, 5 p.m.
UC Davis Bioinformatics Core, email@example.com
1005 GBSF (Auditorium)
A short workshop on how to effectively use the servers and clusters that are administrated by the Bioinformatics Core sysadmin team. This 2-hour seminar will discuss the following topics relating to our systems:
1) Explanation of user spaces (home directories) vs 'share' spaces (lab directories/shares)
2) Working in a team (lab), file/folder permissions
3) Using applications, the module system, when to request software, when to install software yourself
4) Submitting jobs to the cluster, using slurm
5) When you should ask for help, and whom to contact
6) Whats coming, some future resources/changes
Preview of the upcoming portal for account administration
Cost structure of the Cluster and sustainability plan
This workshop has the expectation that you are currently using our systems and can use more information/help on how to be more effective (answer some lingering questions), OR will be using our systems in the near future. The workshop will NOT cover basic command line basics.
This workshop will be held In the GBSF Auditorium on Nov. 2, 2017 from 3pm to 5pm.
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org