Library Prep Workshop: DNA Re-Sequencing with Nextera Flex 2018_07_24
July 24, 2018, 9 a.m. - July 24, 2018, 5 p.m.
DNA Technologies Core
Lutz Froenicke firstname.lastname@example.org Luke Fairbairn email@example.com Diane Flaucher firstname.lastname@example.org
UC Davis Genome Center , GBSF #4202 (meet here for the introduction and presentations) and GBSF #1402 (laboratory).
Please join us for a hands-on workshop on DNA sequencing library preparation and data analysis using the Nextera DNA Flex library prep kit (focusing on re-sequencing). The workshop on July 24th (9am to 5pm) at the UC Davis Genome Center (rooms #4202 and #1402) is taught by your local team of Illumina scientists.
You will get hands-on experience on an end-to-end DNA re-sequencing workflow using the Nextera DNA Flex library preparation kit on your own samples (limited 2 DNA samples per participant*). Your Illumina scientists will also provide presentations, live demos of data analysis, and a follow-up session after the workshop on the analysis of the data generated during the workshop.
The participation is free.
• Library Preparation & Amplification ; Best Practices
• Sequencing at the DNA Tech Core
• Experimental Design for DNA Re-Sequencing Projects
• Data Analysis in BaseSpace Sequence Hub
* If you want to work with your own samples, you will need to provide the DNA Technologies Core with a maximum of 2 DNA samples with QC data by July 17th, 2018. The DNA samples must be quantified by Qubit and quality assessed by Bioanalyzer, Fragment Analyzer, or gel (no fragmentation). The DNA Tech Core can QC the samples if necessary. We can also provide you a test sample for the workshop.